Enterprise to Field System for Grid Modernization
Strategic Approach to Grid Modernization
Modernizing infrastructure needs monitoring, control & automation of field equipment.
Technologies for grid modernization include telecommunications ("wired" or wireless), enterprise-level systems (EMS, SCADA, DMS, GIS, OMS, WMS, etc.) plus field-level systems & components (relays, meters, reclosers, cap banks, microgrid, EV, DER, PV, etc.).
A strategic solution should:
Enterprise to Field System (EFS) is a new category of automation architecture that enables utilities, commercial, industrial, government, military, health or educational facilities to modernize their infrastructure by monitoring, controlling, and automating their entire array of field assets. It is an IT/OT platform that becomes a tool in the user's hand, enabling a strategic approach to Grid Modernization.
IGIN-EFS, provided by DigitaLogic, utilizes the EFS-Server and Intelligent Grid Interface Node (IGIN) for securely connecting the enterprise-level systems to the field-level devices that may or may not be geographically dispersed. The process is accomplished by leveraging any land/wireless telecom assets and applying IGIN-EFS to deploy new telecom assets, when needed, to extend the telecom coverage.
IGIN-EFS enables utilities to overcome their most pressing challenges by:
- Enabling successful completion of projects with less human and technical resources.
- “Future-proofing” the system infrastructure against continuous changes in hardware, software, applications, standards, etc.
- Implementing cyber security on single platform over different communication system links/types and different field RTUs and devices.
- Securely enabling interoperability, advanced application deployment, data-sharing and Enterprise System consolidation across multiple users, organizations and companies.
- Creating a manageable technological platform for real-time data, especially when the system has grown to hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands of remote devices over a large geographical area.
IGIN-EFS is proven at many utilities and other organizations. It successfully and cost-effectively helps any organization to implement their smart applications and projects. Examples of organizations that can benefit from IGIN-EFS include:
- Electric Utility (Distribution, Transmission, Generation, Renewable Energy, Microgrid, etc.)
- Oil/Gas and Water/Wastewater Utilities
- Other facilities include Commercial, Industrial, Government, Military, Health or Educational